The RoboCon kit
We hope that the RoboCon kit was useful to you, we ask that all kits are returned to us over the summer so that we can improve them and keep this competition free for years to come.
Packing and returning the kit
Shipping can sometimes be quite rough for the kit and so we require the following standards to be adheared to if the kit is to be shipped:
- The kit it should be returned inside of the Really Useful Box (RUB) provided
- All space inside the RUB should be filled with a packing material (cardboard etc) such that the kit can not move around inside the RUB.
- The RUB should be wrapped in a protective layer of cardboard.
- Most couriers have rules and regulations regarding shippment of lithium batteries, you must check with any courier beforehand about lithium batteries. In most cases it is required for the batteries to be in a device meaning that the loose batteries provided in the RoboCon kit can not be shipped. You may find it easier to return the kit to Hills Road in person. Shipment is at your own risk.
- Hills Road Robotics will not fund the shipment of kit back to us.
If you plan to return the kit to Hills Road in person then please email [email protected] and we will organise a time to have someone meet you at reception.
Items to be returned:
- 1 x 12L Really Useful Box
- 1 BrainBox
- 1 microservo 9g SG90
- 1 6 pin GPIO connector
- 1 2 pin 12V connector
- Red switch, black connector: ON/OFF (latching)
- Black switch, green connector: Start (momentary)
- 2 x 12 V LiPo Battery
- 1 x Turnigy E3 Compact 2S/3S Lipo Charger
- 1 x Lithium Polymer Charge Pack
- 1 Tablet computer
- 1 Charging brick
- 1 Kettle lead
Please return any surviving parts of the minibot